The MVU Professional Learning Portal provides online learning solutions for educators. Through the portal you can access high-quality courses and resources, meet professional development requirements, earn State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) and more. Accessing online professional development solutions is easy!
The MVU professional learning team is committed to providing the best user experience possible. We encourage our users to provide us with any feedback necessary because our users are what drives the future of our program.
Why use the portal?
Whether you’re looking to renew a teaching certificate or take a professional development course, the portal offers the easiest solution to access this content at your convenience. Our online courses can be accessed from school or at home. In addition to the large selection of self-paced courses we also offer instructor lead courses through ed2go. We're also here to serve school districts, through providing faculty with access to district-wide professional development courses such as Bloodborne Pathogens for School Employees. Our tools give users instant access to courses, progress reports and certificates.
How much does it cost?
Access to the portal is free to members of the educational community in Michigan. There are a variety of low cost courses available for both professional development and SCECHs, as well as other courses from a variety of local, state and national providers available for a nominal fee.
How to register
Registration is easy. Prior to creating a free account, we recommend checking to see if you already have a registered account. Many schools and/or districts have already created accounts for users; please check the Forgot ID link on the main page to avoid creating duplicate accounts.
- Go to plp.mivu.org
- Fill out the “New Learner Registration” form.
- Make sure to use your legal name, accurate date of birth, and valid PIC code (if you wish to receive SCECHs). These fields are checked against MOECS records for SCECH submissions.
- Select your affiliation type and affiliation (only one can be selected).
- Click Save.
- Your new username and password will be emailed to you. This will allow you to log in as a returning user.
- Once the account is created, you will be redirected to the catalog of professional learning options available on MVU's Professional Learning Portal.
Access MVU Knowledge Base article »